During the 1890’s the German Schutztruppe sent helio signals to Fort Namutoni from dolomite koppies close to this site, hence the name Helio.
About: Helio used to be supplied with water by means of a pump until 1992, when it was closed in favour of the Moringa waterhole. All that remains today is the concrete water trough and a view of Helio koppie from a different angle.
Water Source: Unused artificial waterhole
Water Availability: closed